The use of personal information is increasing at a remarkable pace amid the progress of the advanced information and communications society, and amid this Japan Duty Free Fa-So-La Isetan Mitsukoshi Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the Company) shall institute necessary and appropriate measures with regard to the proper handling and secure control of personal information in accordance with the principle laid down in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as the Act) that personal information must be handled cautiously in accordance with the philosophy of respecting the personalities of individuals.
In order to conduct secure management of personal information, the Company shall build a management structure and improve it continually.
1. Persons responsible
The Company shall appoint persons to take responsibility for the protection of personal information and shall conduct proper handling and secure management of personal information.
2. Acquisition of personal information
The Company shall acquire personal information to the extent necessary for the conduct of its business, doing so by lawful and fair means.
3. Purposes of use of personal information
The Company shall use the personal information it acquires solely to the extent necessary for the business activities set out below and shall not use it for any other purpose. In the event of a change in purposes of use, it shall be changed only to the extent judged reasonably to have substantial relevance to the purposes of use prior to the change, and in all such cases the purposes of use after the change shall be notified to customers or be announced publicly.
The purposes of use of personal information handled by the Company shall be as follows.
- ① For the performance of the Company's obligations, exercise of rights, and other action incidental thereto relating to the management and operation of Japan Duty Free GINZA, an airport-style downtown duty free shop, and related facilities.
- ② With regard to recordings from video cameras installed by the Company in Japan Duty Free GINZA, an airport-style downtown duty free shop, and related facilities and of telephone calls from customers at customer-service desks and compliance-information desks, for the preparation, recording, etc., to address situations that require urgent responses such as those pertaining to crime prevention and unforeseen incidents and for reaching mutual understanding in foreign languages.
- ③ For the supply and description of merchandise and services, etc., provided by the Company.
- ④ For the purpose of making improvements to the Company's business activities based on responding to customer inquiries, etc., and their opinions, requests, and complaints.
- ⑤ For the procedures necessary for the delivery of merchandise purchased by customers to airport Pick-up Counters, for customers to take merchandise overseas, and for other action incidental thereto.
- ⑥ Information handled for such purposes as market research and the analysis of customer trends.
4. Provision of personal data to third parties
The Company shall not provide personal data to any third party without obtaining the relevant customers' consent, except for the following cases.
- ① When permitted by laws and regulations to do so.
- ② When entrusting to do so to the extent necessary for the execution of its business by the Company. (In these cases, in order to ensure secure management of the entrusted personal data, all necessary and appropriate supervision of the assignees shall be conducted.)
- ③ When used jointly with associated companies. (Please refer to 5. Joint use with associated companies below)
5. Joint use with associated companies
The Company and its group companies (See below) may at times make joint use between themselves of customer-related personal information in order to inform customers about merchandise and services that they handle for sales-promotion purposes, as set out below. The information subject to joint use includes names, addresses, telephone numbers (including for mobile telephones and faxes), mail addresses, company/organization names, departmental names, job titles, places of employment, and other information concerning persons which they are in contact, and other information such as gender, date of birth, transaction history, and survey information.
Responsibility for the management of the personal information of customers subject to joint use shall rest with the Company, but at associated companies personal information shall be managed at the same level of strictness as that at the Company.
- Japan Airport Terminal Co., Ltd.
- Isetan Mitsukoshi Holdings Ltd.
- NAA Retailing Corporation
6. Management of personal information
The Company shall endeavor to ensure that personal information is managed in an accurate and up-to-date form to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of its use.
The Company shall implement necessary and appropriate measures to prevent the disclosure, destruction, or impairment of personal information and to ensure secure management by any other means.
The company shall implement necessary and appropriate supervision of employees in order to handle personal information in an appropriate manner.
Person responsible for measures to protect personal information and specific personal information,
Control Division, General Affairs Section,
Japan Duty Free Fa-So-La Isetan Mitsukoshi Co., Ltd.
Kochiwa Building, 7th Floor, 4-8-12 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 144-0061